Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Very Novel Announcement


Congratulations to Sheramy Bundrick, my writing friend and frequent commenter on this blog! Sheramy announced today that she has signed a contract with Avon A, the trade paperback imprint of HarperCollins, for The Sunflowers, her novel on Vincent Van Gogh. Here is how Sheramy describes her book:

The Sunflowers is the story of Rachel, the prostitute in Arles famous to history as the girl to whom Vincent gave a rather grisly gift the evening of 23 December 1888. Sources tell us little about her: who was she? How did Vincent know her? Was he only her customer, or was there something else? The story begins with their meeting in July 1888 and continues until August 1890, covering the last two years of Vincent's life and the period when he created some of his greatest paintings.

You can read the rest of Sheramy's post here. She is in the process of constructing an author website, but in the meantime, be sure to explore her excellent blog, Van Gogh's Chair.

Congratulations, Sheramy! I'm so happy for you and Vincent and Rachel. Can't wait to read the book!

3 comments:

Sheramy Bundrick said...

Thank you for the shout-out, Julianne!! I am so very excited, and it makes it all the more special having friends and family supporting me. I hope readers will enjoy my book as much I have enjoyed writing it, and that they will come to know Vincent as I have: not as "that crazy guy who cut off his ear," but as a talented and sensitive soul filled with tenderness and warmth.

cindy said...

how exciting! congratulations! sounds like an intriguing novel--let us know when it's out!!

Sheramy Bundrick said...

Hi Cindy -- thank you for the congratulations! I'll be keeping everyone posted on my blog and (eventually, once my sister helps me make one) website. I'm deliciously excited and wish it was coming out tomorrow! Cheers, Sheramy