Monday, November 10, 2008

The Right Tool for the Job


Not much writing to report, but my new Macbook arrived today! Can I rave? This machine is beyond awesome. No more clicking--just tap the mousepad. Scroll up or down pages with a two-fingered swipe of the pad. The glossy screen is crisp and clear. I'm sure there are many more amazing features I just don't know about yet. I'm trying to get everything set up quickly so I can get down to some serious work.

No more excuses for not writing, since no one is allowed to use this laptop but me. I no longer have to cede the desktop to high schoolers with homework and toddlers who want to play Curious George. I can escape the noise and the chaos and retreat into my imaginary world. It had better be a productive one, though, to justify the expense of creating it.

Off to write now...

4 comments:

Rachel Walsh said...

Ooh, I've had a MacBook for a couple of years now - it _is_ heavenly.

May you have many long hours of uninterrupted writing!

Julianne Douglas said...

Thanks, Rachel. My PC laptop died last June and we knew we were going to replace it with a Mac, but we waited until the upgrade came out to purchase one. It was hard to wait all these months, but I'm so glad we did!

I just discovered your new blog and added it to my list. I can't wait to catch up on your entries.

Happy writing to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, shiny. And thanks for the tip on two-finger scrolling --- I did not know that.
How goes the Nanoing? I missed a few days early on andwill never catch up, but I'm trying to write 1500 to 2000 per day. Speaking of which...

Julianne Douglas said...

Lucy, I just logged into the Nano site (which now appears to be useable) and saw you had an impressive tally of words! Way to go!

The scrolling thing is probably the thing I like most about the laptop.