Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New Novel on the French Revolution

I would like to draw your attention to Mistress of the Revolution by Catherine Delors, a new hardback coming out from Dutton on March 13, 2008. Mistress is the fictional memoir of Gabrielle de Monserrat, a French noblewoman. As a young woman, Gabrielle falls in love with a commoner, Pierre Coffinhal, whom her family forbids her to marry; years later, Pierre sits on the Revolutionary Tribunal that presides over Gabrielle’s trial. Advance reviews call Catherine “A stunning new talent in historical fiction.” You can read more details about the book here on Amazon.

I introduced myself to Catherine over the Internet; she and I share the same agent, Stephanie Cabot. Catherine graciously sent me a copy of Mistress to read; I’m about a third of the way in, and the book is as riveting as the early reviews portray. Catherine has agreed to do an interview here at Writing the Renaissance. As soon as I finish reading, I’ll send her some questions and post her responses. So check back soon to read Catherine’s thoughts on her book and on the writing of historical fiction. In the meantime, you can visit her website and blog at www.catherinedelors.com.

2 comments:

Michelle Moran said...

I look forward to the interview. Sounds like a great book!

Julianne Douglas said...

Soon, I promise!