Thursday, October 25, 2012

"François I: le Rois des rois"

I just watched and want to share with you "François I: le Roi des rois," an episode of France 2's television series Secrets d'histoire. First aired in August 2011, the episode is available for viewing on the internet. It boasts beautiful photography of François I's châteaux, interesting anecdotes about his life and relationships, and critical insights into his reign by leading French historians and writers. Definitely worth watching, even if you don't speak French. You can find it, divided into three parts, on Dailymotion: part 1, part 2, and part 3. I was greatly pleased to see that Monique Chatenet, an historian who has written definitive works on Fontainebleau and the sociological role of architecture in the establishment of François's kingship, contributed to the show.

Check out the official Secrets d'histoire website for other episodes of interest, posted in their entirety.

2 comments:

Liza Perrat said...

Thanks for letting me know about Secrets d'histoire, Julianne. I'd never heard of it,(don't watch much French TV) but this looks so interesting!

Julianne Douglas said...

You're welcome, Liza! I'm so excited to have found it, myself! Lots of good watching there!