Saturday, January 17, 2009

And the Winners Are...

Amanda from Australia and Marie! Congratulations--your copies of SIGNORA DA VINCI will be on their way as soon as you e-mail me your mailing addresses (see sidebar). Thanks to all who entered the contest, and to Robin Maxwell and her publicity team for supplying the books. I hope everyone who entered will find a way to get hold of the novel. Check back here in a few weeks for my review of SIGNORA DA VINCI and an interview with Robin Maxwell. 

A tally of the comments shows the Last Supper to be readers' favorite Da Vinci work, followed closely by the Mona Lisa. Other favorites include the Benois Madonna, the Lady with the Ermine, the Virgin of the Rocks, the Adoration, the Annunciation, the Belle Ferronnière, the Virgin with the Spindle, and Da Vinci's scientific drawings. I'd have to choose the Virgin and Child with St. Anne myself--the faces are so beautiful! It will be interesting to see which works Robin Maxwell mentions in SIGNORA DA VINCI.


In a happy coincidence, I'm awarding these books on my blogoversary. One year ago today I began posting here at Writing the Renaissance. A great thank you to all my loyal readers who visit often and share their thoughts on the day's topic. It's been great fun getting to know you and sharing my love for the Renaissance. And I hope new visitors who came for the contest liked what they saw and will stick around. 

Here's to the new year--may it be filled with joy, wonderful books, and dreams realized for all! 

5 comments:

Marg said...

Congrats to the winners, and Happy Blogiversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!!! I'm really intrigued by that book, at some point I'll have to rest my "dragons" and get into it :) The picture I choose made me remember how young Mary was and that even Christ could have chubby toes! Fun contest.
Luvs,
Renee

Julianne Douglas said...

Thanks, Marg and Renee! It's been fun. And thanks for pointing out the Christ Child's chubby toes, Renee . :)

Amanda said...

Happy Blogiversary!! What a great contest and congrats to the winners!

Julianne Douglas said...

Thanks so much, Amanda. I wish I could send a book to everyone who entered!